Marine Security Guard- requirements/MP 5811/12- requirements
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Marine Security Guard- requirements/MP 5811/12- requirements

I am researching more into other jobs since I do not currently have a job. I was wondering what are some requirements in getting into the Security MOS feilds 815x. More specific, is it an entry level feild? Please and Thanks.

Also, the Military Police 5811/12. Any opinions, or information not easy found about it would be appreciated.

I am sure this has been covered many times before but, currently the search bar isn't working or at least not on my computer and what i have found isnt really specific. I'd like to find out more on these jobs, what they do, the prerequisites, and opportunities found in this job such as promotion, entry into special teams or other job feilds.

I made an 83qt on my asvab. I know I should take advantage of the job opportunities provided like a technical job but, I want to research all over. I know that just because the name or basic description is simple doesnt mean the job is anything like the civilian equal, blahblahblah etc. You get the picture I am quite sure. Thanks for your time, patience and guidance Marines.

I am also interested in the MOS 8154. I already have my two references that gets me PFC and I do believe I am contract PFC due to JROTC. The research I have done says its open to E-3. I know I have to be a 8152 I believe it is just to get in first but I kinda want to know what else is required or what its all about, insight into the field. Thanks.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogsSon269 View Post
    I am researching more into other jobs since I do not currently have a job. I was wondering what are some requirements in getting into the Security MOS feilds 815x. More specific, is it an entry level feild? Please and Thanks.

Also, the Military Police 5811/12. Any opinions, or information not easy found about it would be appreciated.

I am sure this has been covered many times before but, currently the search bar isn't working or at least not on my computer and what i have found isnt really specific. I'd like to find out more on these jobs, what they do, the prerequisites, and opportunities found in this job such as promotion, entry into special teams or other job feilds.

I made an 83qt on my asvab. I know I should take advantage of the job opportunities provided like a technical job but, I want to research all over. I know that just because the name or basic description is simple doesnt mean the job is anything like the civilian equal, blahblahblah etc. You get the picture I am quite sure. Thanks for your time, patience and guidance Marines.
    Marine Security Guard (i.e., Embassy Marines) is NOT an entry level job. You must be a Cpl or above, or a really squared away LCpl. Basically they won't look at you unless you have at least a couple of years in the Corps to develop a track record.

You can Google Marine military police and you will get the info you need. To be an MP you must be 19-years old by the time you graduate from the MOS school for 5811. Google will give you the rest.

As far as picking an MOS, pick a field you will be happy with for at least four years of your life.

Thank you sir.

There are several requirements for MSG Duty but the main ones are that you have to have 18 months time on station, be a US citizen who is capable of getting a Top Secret clearance and if a Sgt or below be unmarried. You can see the full requirements here and decide if it's something you may want to do down the road.

Thanks Sergeant.

...and it should be. MSG duty is the best assignment in the Marine Corps. I tell every new Marine I find to do it. It will change your life and the way you look at the world!

If you don't mind me asking, what countries were you stationed at and do you have any advice? I ship to MSG school in a matter of days.

Quote Originally Posted by brian0351 View Post
    ...and it should be. MSG duty is the best assignment in the Marine Corps. I tell every new Marine I find to do it. It will change your life and the way you look at the world!
    Why is it the best assignment? Why will it change my life? I'm just wondering because you are the second person to tell me this. I have my job choices down to 3 and that is number 1 or 2 on the list haven't really decided what place its gotten as I'm still torn between two.

Also since FAST is apart of the few Security Force jobs what is it exactly I mean i find descriptions of the requirements easy but nothing explaining like what the job is or what they do... I presumed that it is not my concern right now since i cant get that job for a while and if the information isn't easy to find its probably due to them covering their tracks on what they do well but, I'm just wondering because I have found almost nothing on it and the name kinda left a hook that baited me in a bit. I don't need major details just some idea of what it is so that if i chose to be a Guard I know what opportunities job wise are available in the future with out leaving that field. Also, not that this is concern but would be good to know, is the job relatively hard to get promotions in for whatever reasons or is it something that is possible and not super competitive due to size or whatever other reasons. Though Paygrade and promotion isn't my main concern, it would be nice to know when scouting my job wishlist to know some of these things. Thanks Marines.

Why is it the best assignment? Why will it change my life? I'm just wondering because you are the second person to tell me this. I have my job choices down to 3 and that is number 1 or 2 on the list haven't really decided what place its gotten as I'm still torn between two.

DDS,

MSG duty allows you the opportunity to live and work in a foreign country. You gain exposure to different cultures. Exposure to the State Dept. The ability to travel in your area. Meet the Sec. of State or the President. You gain a Top Secret clearance which pretty much guarantees your employment once you get out. Finally not to mention that you have the opportunity to be one of 6 Marines in a country. It's good to be treated like a god!

Quote Originally Posted by brian0351 View Post
    MSG duty is the best assignment in the Marine Corps.
    A big +1.

I guess that makes me the third person to tell you that DDS. On MSG you're given a great deal of responsibility, far in excess of what a Marine of the same rank in the Fleet usually has. As Brian said, you may also get to experience places where few others have been and it can open many doors if you decide to get out. If you decide to stay in it looks really good to a promotion board. However, as it is something you can't do right out of Boot Camp you have plenty of time to weigh the pros and cons of applying for MSG Duty.

Also another piece of advice regarding MSGs. You can't be married in order to join the program. Also, DO NOT have a girlfriend in the states if you plan on going. Trust me it will never work out! Lol.

I am also interested in the MOS 8154. I already have my two references that gets me PFC and I do believe I am contract PFC due to JROTC. The research I have done says its open to E-3. I know I have to be a 8152 I believe it is just to get in first but I kinda want to know what else is required or what its all about, insight into the field. Thanks.
    8154 and 8152 are not related to Marine Security Guard duty.

Those MOS's are, CQB team member and Marine Security Force guard, respectively.

You are correct that you need to be a 8152 before you can become an 8154, for the most part.

Again, for clarification, don't confuse the "B-Billet" secondary MOS of Marine Security Guard (which is embassy duty), with the Security Forces MOS. They are two different things.
    I am a cook, and I leave to go do MSG duty in approximately 30 days.

Thread Information